ARCO BREAKS GROUND ON WATSON-MARLOW MANUFACTURING FACILITY IN DEVENS, MASSACHUSETTS
ARCO is thrilled to begin construction on a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group, a United Kingdom-based manufacturer of peristaltic pumps, tubing, fluid path solutions, and BioPure components. The project will bring over 150 local jobs to the Devens, Massachusetts area, which was strategically chosen for its close proximity to Boston’s thriving life science hub.
The 150,000 GMP manufacturing facility will feature eight ISO14644-1 Class 7 cleanrooms with HEPA filtration, warehouse space with three 2.5 ton capacity cranes, a two story office, and compressed air, nitrogen, and vacuum process piping. Designed with green building practices, the project will also be pursuing LEED® certification.
In a statement released by Watson-Marlow, Managing Director Andrew Mines says, “The new US facility is an important milestone in the Watson-Marlow company history and marks a significant commitment to serving our customers in the Americas region. This exciting development is bringing us closer to our customers whose purpose is to help the world around us, from advancing cell and gene therapies through to ensuring people have access to clean drinking water. Together, we will continue to develop market-leading fluid management solutions to engineer a more sustainable future.”
Additional project partners include Colliers, MassDevelopment, GMA Architects, and Scannell Properties, an ARCO repeat client with over 35 projects and 10,300,000 SF completed together.
ARCO is proud to be part of this cutting-edge project and looks forward to its successful completion in late 2022!
- 150,109 SF Manufacturing Facility
- 66,329 SF eight ISO14644-1 Class 7 Cleanrooms
- 39,135 SF Two-Story Office
- 37,020 SF Warehouse
- 7,625 SF Mechanical Mezzanine
- Concrete Tilt-Up Wall Panel Construction with Steel Joists and Metal Roof Decking
- 60-mil TPO Roof System with R-30 Insulation
- 32′ Clear Height
- Four (4) Dock Positions
- 4,000 Amp, 3,500 Amp, and 3,000 Amp Electrical Services
- ESFR Fire Protection System with Diesel Fire Pump
- Process Piping for Owner Provided Equipment Consisting of Compressed Air, Nitrogen, and Vacuum Piping
- Three (3) 2.5 Ton Capacity Cranes
- High Efficiency HVAC Design
- LEED® Certification