ARCO COMPLETES NEW ENGLAND BEVERAGE DISTRIBUTION FACILITY
The ARCO New England team recently completed a 200,274 SF build-to-suit beverage distribution facility for repeat client Scannell Properties and end-user Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England! The state-of-the-art distribution facility features a 166,984 SF warehouse, as well as a 27,247 SF office.
Located on a former cornfield in South Windsor, CT, the 25-acre site – chosen for its centralized location and easy access to interstates – presented a unique set of challenges, resulting in an inefficient initial pavement, site utility and storm sewer designs. However, during the preconstruction phase of the project, the ARCO New England team offered value-engineered solutions, decreasing overall project cost while providing the most efficient layout and cost-effective solution for the owner. Additionally, the new beverage distribution facility will bring increased tax revenue to the city of South Windsor – $125,000 per year compared to just $7,000 per year had the site remained a cornfield.
The specialized design and construction of the facility is helping modernize Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England’s operations in Connecticut and position the company for sustainable long-term growth – a value that ARCO aims to bring to each and every project. In an effort to create a stronger distribution system and increase production capacity, distribution has been relocated from the company’s previous facility in East Hartford to the new South Windsor sales center.
ARCO is proud to have been part of this exciting project!
Construction Details Include:
- 200,275 SF Beverage Distribution Facility
- 166,984 SF Warehouse
- 27,247 SF Office
- 6,040 SF Mezzanine
- 32′ Clear Height
- Thirty (30) Dock Positions
- Four (4) Drive-In Ramps
- Two (2) 3000 Amp Electrical Services
- 60 mil Mechanically Attached TPO Roof
- Load-bearing Precast, Conventional Steel Frame
- Shrink Compensating Warehouse Floor Slab
- Load Lane & Fleet Maintenance Shop for Truck Fleet
- Integration of Owner’s Automated Packaging Equipment, Palletizers, etc.
- Exterior Water Storage Tank for Fire Suppression System
- Underground Detention to Maximize Impervious Surface Area on Site
- Extension of Public Water Main & New, Public Force Main to Service Facility