ARCO LIVING GROUP RISES TO THE CHALLENGE
Multifamily developments are notoriously complex due to the potential for constraints on capital and schedule. When the following three projects were originally presented to ARCO, they were at risk of being canceled due to seemingly insurmountable challenges related to budget, schedule, and design. ARCO utilized our proven expertise to successfully provide deal-saving solutions for Core Spaces and Shelbourne Healthcare.
ARCO’s ability to offer value driven alternatives in design and construction to improve a project’s financial performance is unmatched in the industry. In addition, we understand the crucial nature of meeting each project’s schedule. Our ability to sequence work, prioritize critical path, and steer progress ensures that our projects are built on time. As a standard procedure, ARCO provides comprehensive preconstruction services throughout design and constructability review to ensure value engineering is maximized and cost and quality goals are met.
Check out the case studies below to see how ARCO’s collaborative approach to design and construction brought these projects back to life!
CORE SPACES | HUB ON UNIVERSITY
193,875 SF Student Housing Facility
The Challenge: Replacing the original general contractor on a project with potential for substantial delay or cancellation due to 32% pricing increase from schematics to permit drawing.
ARCO’s Design/Assist Solution: Provided turnkey structural and MEPF design/build solutions through collaboration with the architectural team, resulting in a $1.5M savings for the owner and on-time project completion.
- 5 and 8-Story Residential Buildings with Post-Tension Podiums
- 411 Beds in 109 Furnished Units
- Micro, 1, 2, 4 and 5-Bedroom Units
- Wood-Look Aluminum Siding Facade
- 9,319 SF in 8 Retail Spaces
- 23 Private Balconies
- 7 Private Hot Tubs
- 5th Floor Amenities Deck Featuring a Swimming Pool, Hot Tubs, Daybeds, a Lounge, and Grilling/Dining Space
- 2nd Floor Open Courtyard with Putting Greens and Lounge
- 2-Story, Partially Underground Parking Garage with 68 Car Parking Spaces, 33 Scooters, and Storage for 120 Bicycles
CORE SPACES | HUB ON THIRD AVENUE
324,450 SF Student Housing Facility
The Challenge: Redesigning an over-budget building while working within the owner’s facility specifications and completing the project on time with a two month delay hurdle.
ARCO’s Design/Assist Solution: Collaborated with the architectural team to provide turnkey structural and MEPF design/build solutions, saving the owner $2.5M and finishing on time.
- 7-Story, Double Courtyard Structure on a Concrete Podium
- 661 Beds in 201 Units
- Micro, Studio, 1, 2, 3 and 4-Bedroom Units
- 28 Private Balconies
- 2nd Story Courtyards with Private Hot Tubs
- 10,812 SF in 9 Retail Spaces
- 10,000 SF Rooftop Amenities Deck Featuring a Swimming Pool, Hot Tubs, Daybeds, Fire Pits, and a Bar/Lounge Area
- 3-Story Precast Concrete Garage with 169 Car, Bicycle and Scooter Parking Spaces
SHELBOURNE HEALTHCARE | ATRIA SENIOR LIVING
198,000 SF Independent Senior Living Facility
The Challenge: Taking over a nearly cancelled project that had an unworkable proforma due to 37% pricing increase from design development to construction documents with the original general contractor.
ARCO’s Design/Assist Solution: Engaged a new architect and structural engineer to redesign the building to the owner and operator’s needs, reducing the budget by over $8.5M and bringing the project back to life.
- 138 Units
- 1 and 2-Bedroom Units
- 1,700 SF Lobby and Bistro
- High-End Luxury Finishes
- Underground Stormwater Detention System
- Amenities Include:
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Fitness and Wellness Centers
- Built-In Theatre
- Commercial Kitchen
- Outdoor Kitchen and Pergola
- Putting Green and Bocce Ball Court
- Outdoor Stage
- Offsite Pedestrian Walking Trail
- Private Balconies
About ARCO Living Group: ARCO Living Group and our affiliate family of companies represent one of the largest and most experienced multifamily construction companies in the nation. Our portfolio of senior living, student housing and multifamily construction projects throughout the United States contains a variety of project types including assisted living & memory care, independent living, active living, mixed-use, garden style, mid & high rise apartment complexes, and campus housing. We draw upon the expertise gaines from construction thousands of multifamily and senior living units in our 27 year history.