ARCO COMPLETES STATE-OF-THE-ART MANUFACTURING FACILITY FOR WATSON-MARLOW FLUID TECHNOLOGY GROUP
ARCO recently completed a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for repeat client Scannell Properties and Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group, a United Kingdom-based manufacturer of peristaltic pumps, tubing, fluid path solutions, and BioPure components. The project secured over 150 local jobs to the Devens, Massachusetts area, which was strategically chosen for its close proximity to Boston’s thriving life science hub. The 150,000 GMP manufacturing facility features eight ISO14644-1 Class 7 cleanrooms with HEPA filtration, warehouse space with three 2.5 ton capacity cranes, a two story office, and compressed air, nitrogen, and vacuum process piping. Designed with green building practices, the project will also be pursuing LEED® certification.
Nestled in an expansive, open green space, the new facility features a 39,135 SF two-story office with modern interior finishes and natural light throughout. The eight (8) ISO14644-1 Class 7 cleanrooms factor in 34 air-handling systems, noise-reduction mufflers, portable equipment and an ergonomic-friendly pipe assembly room.
With the intent to keep as much vegetation and green space on site as possible, a walking path was also constructed around the perimeter of the building.
- 150,109 SF cGMP Manufacturing Facility
- 66,329 SF Eight (8) ISO14644-1 Class 7 Cleanrooms with
- HEPA Filtration
- 39,135 SF Two-Story Office
- 37,020 SF Warehouse
- 7,625 SF Mechanical Mezzanine
- Concrete Tilt-Up Wall Panel Construction with Steel Joists
and Metal Roof Decking
- 60-mil TPO Roof System with R-30 Insulation
- 32’ Clear Height
- Four (4) Dock Positions
- 4,000 AMP, 3,500 AMP and 3,000 AMP Electrical Services
- ESFR Fire Protection System with Diesel Fire Pump
- Process Piping for Owner Provided Equipment Consisting of
Compressed Air, Nitrogen and Vacuum Piping
- Three (3) 2.5 Ton Capacity Cranes
- High Efficiency HVAC Design
- LEED® Certification