ARCO COMPLETES FIRST SPECULATIVE COLD STORAGE FACILITY IN GREATER KANSAS CITY REGION
ARCO recently completed a 167,565 SF speculative cold storage facility for BCB Development! At the time of construction, the Heartland Cold Storage Logistics Center speculative development was the first of its kind in the Kansas City region – one of the fastest growing food and beverage hubs in the country. The food-grade facility features a flexible design and offers freezer and cooler space for one or multiple tenants.
To maximize flexibility and decrease time on retrofit, ARCO implemented several alternatives compared to a traditional warehouse design including pouring the concrete tilt-panels on casting beds and leaving out the floor slab to avoid the potential need to modify the building’s infrastructure during tenant customization. Additional project features included 32’ clear height, 22 dock positions, and an insulated concrete exterior.
Read more from the client below on how working with ARCO made this project a success.
- 167,565 SF Speculative Cold Storage Facility
- Accommodations for Single or Multi-Tenant Use
- Insulated Tilt-Up Construction
- Flexible Design for Efficient Tenant Customization
- 32’ Clear Height
- Twenty-Two (22) Dock Positions
- Two (2) Drive-In Ramps
- Two (2) Entries
- 3,000 Amp Electrical Service
- 60 Mil TPO Roof System with Rigid Insulation & 20-Year NDL Warranty
- Twenty-Four (24) Trailer Parking Stalls
- 208 Car Parking Stalls
- Thirteen (13) Acre Site