ARCO BREAKS GROUND ON COLD STORAGE FACILITY FOR BROADLINE FOOD DISTRIBUTOR, CHENEY BROTHERS
ARCO is thrilled to begin construction on a new 357,254 SF cold storage distribution facility for family-owned Florida broadline food distributor, Cheney Brothers! Located in Port St. Lucie, the project will feature more than 133,000 SF of freezer/cooler space including dairy, meat, flour, and produce rooms, a test kitchen, Cheney Express Grocery Store, and a 27,601 SF office. Once complete, the facility will service restaurants, clubs, and hotels throughout the region. The project is also expected to bring approximately 275 new jobs to St. Lucie County.
The 55-acre site development for the Cheney Brothers project includes accommodations for two future expansions planned to bring the total size of the facility to more than 625,000 SF. The project is situated within the Legacy Park at Tradition – a 400-acre Class A industrial park along I-95 in Port St. Lucie developed by ARCO repeat client, Sansone Group.
Additional construction details include a 29,172 SF cold dock, more than 122,000 SF of dry warehouse space, ALTA Expert refrigeration system, and more.
We look forward to the successful completion of this exciting project!
- 357,254 SF Foodservice Distribution Facility
- 122,047 SF Dry Warehouse
- 27,601 SF Office Space
- 8,880 SF Mezzanine
- 58,971 SF 33°F-55°F Cooler
- Dairy, Meat, Produce, and Flour Rooms
- 74,643 SF -10°F Freezer
- 29,172 SF 36°F Cold Dock
- 35,940 SF Dry Dock
- 45 Dock Positions
- 36′ Clear Height
- Non-Insulated Tilt -Up Concrete with IMP Liners
- TPO Roofing with Insulation
- Concrete Spread & Continuous Footings Foundation
- ALTA Expert Rooftop Penthouses
- 4,000 Amp Electrical Service
- 55-Acre Site Development
- Special thanks to the City of Port St. Lucie and Susan Speaks McGirt for the event photos!